Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where to begin...

So, being new to blogging and not knowing the first thing about where to start...I will start with a little more about me.  Here is what I can tell you straight off:
  1. There is nothing extraordinary about me.  I am your average person just doing what it takes to get by.
  2. I am always 100% honest.  So, starting with my title to my blog, you can tell a lot about me.  I am
    • Overweight
    • Very Lazy (it is amazing how many projects I will start and not finish - so who knows where this will go)
    • I am a guy.
I can also tell you this one additional thing about it...

I have decided that now is the time to change (I think this is attempt # 293 to do so).  What makes this time different?  This time I have a blog and...well, nothing else.  I am staring my own mortality in the face at 38 (although I am not dying, the way I live my fat/lazy life, I cannot be around long) and working on trying to do what I need to do to be around for my wife and my children. 

So, what thoughts do I have going into this life changing I am hoping to do with no place to start?   Let's start with these:

- Where does one begin to take the first step?
- What area of my life do I start in?  Laziness?  Weight?  Attention to family?
- Is there any chance I will succeed where I have had zero success before (measuring success as something I am able to carry with me more than just a few weeks)?

Here is hoping that this time is the charm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment